Here are 15 interesting facts to share with family, friends and visitors about Brazil.
1) Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world by both population and geographical area.
2) Brazil is the largest producer of coffee in the world.
3) Brazil has the 2nd highest number of airports in the world, after the U.S. The country has more than 4,000 airports.
4) According to TripAdvisor, The world’s best beach is in Brazil. That is is Baia do Sancho.
5) The Macaw is the national animal of Brazil.
6) The most common last name in Brazil is Silva.
7) Brazil’s Capital, Brasilia, looks like an aeroplane from above.
8) Brazil has the largest Japanese community outside of Japan.
9) Around 6.4 million tourists visit this beautiful country each year.
10) Rio de Janeiro wasn’t just the capital of Brazil. It was also the capital of Portugal. (Rio had been the capital of Brazil for 197 years).
11) The new capital of brazil is Brasilia, which took just 41 months to build, from 1956 to 1960.
12) Largest city in Brazil is São Paulo.
13) Brazil contains almost 60 percent of the Amazon rain forest.
14) There are 3 time zones in Brazil
15) Football is the most popular sport in Brazil.