Founded in 1975, Microsoft is an American technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. The company develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and services.
Here are 15 interesting facts to share with family, friends and visitors about Microsoft.
1) Microsoft was started on April 4, 1975, with Bill Gates as the first CEO.
2) In August 1977, the company opened their first international office in Japan.
3) What’s the meaning of Microsoft? The term Microsoft is a combination of microcomputer and software. It was Micro-Soft, when Started.
4) In 1981, IBM introduces its personal computer with Microsoft’s 16-bit operating system, MS-DOS 1.0.
5) Microsoft’s co-founder Bill Gates was a billionaire by the time he turned 31. That was in 1987.
6) The first official version of the Microsoft Office package was released in 1989. This Package contained Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7) In 1990, Microsoft released windows 3.0.
8) The next major consumer-oriented release of Windows, Windows 95, was released on August 24, 1995.
9) Windows XP background may be the most viewed photo in history. The photographer, Charles O’Rear, captured this image in 1996 in Sonoma County, California.
10) Pizza is the favorite food at Microsoft campus.
11) Microsoft has a Huge Art Collection
12) In 2013, Microsoft announces decision to acquire Nokia’s devices and services business, license Nokia’s patents and mapping services and in 2014 the company completes acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services business.
13) Anyone remember the startup tune of Windows 95? Brian Eno is the musician behind that sound.
14) So think, if you bought one share of Microsoft stock for $21 at its March 13, 1986, IPO, it would be worth $14,990 today.
15) If you’re looking for a job at Microsoft, Just keep this in mind. Microsoft asks very Strange Questions in their Interview.