Dubai is a tourist attraction city in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene. Are you travelling to Dubai? Here are the things you need to know before visiting Dubai.
1) Dubai is expensive.
Dubai is expensive. That is of course not a joke. If you visit Dubai you’ll understand it within the very first day. Almost everything in Dubai is expensive. But if you look closer you’ll find most of the ways available to cut down your unnecessary expenses and spend according to your budget while you fully enjoy your stay at Dubai.
Here are some of the tips to make your stay worth it with less cost. How to save money in Dubai
2) Weekends are from Thursday to Saturday, not Friday to Sunday.
3) Dubai is home to many of the biggest things in the world.
In downtown Dubai, you can find the world’s tallest building (The Burj Khalifa), the largest shopping mall by land area (Dubai Mall) and world’s largest choreographed fountain show (at the Dubai Fountain).
4) The Dubai international airport (DXB) is one of the busiest in the world.
78,010,265 passengers in 2015.
5) Do bring an universal adapter, the UAE has 3 pin sockets with 220V.
6) Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world.
World Economic Forum (WEF) has revealed that the UAE is the third safest place in the world, with Qatar and Finland ranked second and first respectively.
7) Taxis are so cheap.
Taxis are so cheap in Dubai that it’s an amazing way to get around quickly and easily. (Only use a taxi with a meter)
8) Driving is left sided.
9) The weather is hot all year round except few months (November, December, January, February)
This is a desert climate. It only rains a few days per year. It’s best to travel to the UAE between the months of November and March.
10) The official currency in Dubai is the UAE Dirham.
Credit cards are accepted at most places. Make sure you have an internationally activated debit card.