‘A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.’ Josh Billings said this.
Here are 10 interesting facts to share with family, friends and visitors about Dogs.
1) Humans and dogs first became best friends 30,000 years ago.
2) Dogs sense of smell is up to 10,000 times better than humans.
3) The smallest dog living, in terms of height, is a female Chihuahua called Milly, who measured 9.65 cm (3.8 in) tall on 21 February 2013 and is owned by Vanesa Semler of Dorado, Puerto Rico.
4) The average dog is as intelligent as a two-year-old child.
5) Dog nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints. Each has a unique pattern.
6) Dogs can tell difference between happy and angry faces.
7) Dogs can smell their owners from 11 miles away.
8) Dogs can be as smart as two year-old children. They can learn and understand over 150 words.
9) Dogs can hear sounds approximately four times as far as humans.
10) Dogs dream just like you. It comes naturally to them and, in fact, it’s necessary for their mental health.